New York, Admitted 2012
Juris Doctor, The University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, CT (May 2011)
- Graduated with Honors
- GPA: 3.598; Class Rank: 28 out of 145
- Activities: Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, Associate Editor
Bachelor of Arts, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY (May 2005)
- Majored in Philosophy
- GPA: 3.47
- Activities: Debate Team, Executive Board Member
Founder, CEO, NewsAboutStocks.com, Norwalk, CT, May 2016-June 2017
- Designed, developed and deployed a WordPress website at newsaboutstocks.com.
- Customized and tweaked WordPress themes.
- Created custom logos, images, and front end designs.
- Used WordPress hooks, actions, and filters, with customized PHP back end code.
- Configured a BuddyPress site for Wall Street end users.
- Implemented an SEO strategy using Google Webmaster Tools and Yoast.
- Managed PPC ad campaigns in both Google AdWords and Facebook Ads.
Founder, CEO, Chosen Roads Inc., Norwalk, CT, March 2014-April 2016
- Performed software patent searches. Drafted and filed pro se three software provisional patent applications with the U.S. Patent Office.
- Designed and coded an online dating site using PHP, MySQL, and HTML5. Developed mobile-responsive front end design.
- Deployed the online dating site on Amazon Web Services.
Document Review Attorney, Epiq Systems, New York, NY, March 2017-April 2017; March 2015-April 2015; November 2013-January 2014; September 2013
Reviewed tens of thousands of legal documents for seven different large-scale legal cases involving major businesses and millions or billions of dollars at stake in each case, including a Department of Justice antitrust review, a lawsuit involving one of the major Hollywood movie studios, and a legal challenge to the Obama Wall Street bailout. Applied knowledge of litigation, attorney-client privilege, contract law, and copyright law, to analyze and categorize documents. Performed second level review and priv log coding. Used Relativity review platform.
Intern, University of Connecticut School of Law Intellectual Property Clinic, Hartford, CT
September 2010-December 2010
Filed a trademark registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Counseled clients on trademark and corporate law issues. Drafted trademark clearance search reports and an LLC operating agreement. Reviewed a copyright licensing contract.
Research Assistant, University of Connecticut Insurance Law Center, Hartford, CT
May 2010-August 2010
Performed research tasks including legal research and research into educational theory. Assisted Professor Peter Kochenburger with a paper on the topic of online legal education.
Intern, Consumer Protection Department, Connecticut Attorney General, Hartford, CT
June 2009-August 2009
Performed legal research, wrote legal memoranda and helped draft briefs. Compiled economic data associated with consumer frauds. Handled consumer complaints by phone.
Founder, Editor-in-Chief, Altenews.com, Norwalk, CT, 2006-2008
Founded and ran Altenews.com, a website that aggregated news stories from the internet relating to alternative energy, with a focus on solar power, wind power, and ethanol fuel.
Law Review Publications
“Winning the Copyright War,” 14:1 Engage: the Journal of the Federalist Society Practice Groups (July 2013)
Argues that copyright’s merger doctrine alleviates concerns that copyright law interferes with freedom of speech.
“Copyright’s Merger Doctrine as a Solution to Conflicts Between Copyright Law and Freedom of Speech,” Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal Blog (October 2012)
Argues that copyright law’s merger doctrine decreases the need for a distinct free speech defense to copyright infringement.
“Solving the Young Lawyers’ Student Loan Financial Crisis by Reforming the Bankruptcy Code,” Electronically In Touch: the Official Blog of the Young Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association (August 2012)
Advocates for discharge of student debt.
“Annuity Coeptis,” 17 Connecticut Insurance Law Journal 253 (Spring 2011)
Discusses the insurance exemption in the 1933 Securities Act as it pertains to fixed index annuities.